    how long ago this problem started.
    Any suggestions would be gratly appreciated. I could find
    nothing in the microsoft support about it.

    Jared Bassett, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Jared Bassett

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Use the Group policy editor
    %windir%\system32\gpedit.msc
    User Config\Admin Templates\System\Prevent Access To registry Editing Tools=
    "Not Configured"

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]

    Dave Patrick, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Jared Bassett

    Dave Patrick, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Jared Bassett

    jared Guest

    It worked by the way. Thanks.

    newsgroup.

    jared, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Jared Bassett

    jared Guest

    It worked by the way. Thanks.

    newsgroup.

    jared, Aug 26, 2003
  6. Jared Bassett

    Dave Patrick Guest

    You're welcome.

    Dave Patrick, Aug 26, 2003
  7. Jared Bassett

    Dave Patrick Guest

    You're welcome.

    Dave Patrick, Aug 26, 2003
  8. Jared Bassett

    vrutank

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Administrator does not disable registry editing its the bloody virus called rontokbro@mm. you can remove the virus but enable registy editing you will need the tool provided by symantec on their web site http://securityresponse.symantec.co....to.reset.shellopencommand.registry.keys.html you can also learn about rontokbro@mm on this site. 1)download the inf file 2)rightclick it and choose install appearently nothing happens but amaizingly registry editing is enabled type regedit on command prompt or RUN and enjoy.

    vrutank, Jul 22, 2006
  9. Jared Bassett

    suspect

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi all
    my LAN Admin deny the access to my internet options & regedit & remove the Run from start menu ,
    i wanna to get access for all ,
    note that i can not access the regedit even from my local drive c:\winnt\regedit
    theMsg apeare is : registry editing has been disabled by your administrator

    so pls help me , give me the solution

    Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
    suspect, Jul 24, 2006
  10. Jared Bassett

    falconx

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    hey dose any one knows of the kbexe file for win2k/xp win2k tis what i have and it needs an uaa hd audeo buss driver which is were the kb exe comes in
    i am sure microsoft has it so any help will be aprecate
    oh by the way if you have real tec hd try this
    winamp/set realteck setings to underwater or carpet room
    heres the secret about audetorem live
    ues the latest relase of realplayer, go to realtec control panel set to
    auditoram or concert hall /live/7.1 test your sound use what ever setings work i use 7.1 although win 2k only suports 5.1 which is fale with the sound card driver wich gose up to 7.1

    falconx, Jul 31, 2006
  11. Jared Bassett

    azrael

    Joined:
    May 12, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    i tried the solutions you've posted but none seems to work... gpedit.msc closes after i opened it and UnHookExec did not work either.

    please help...

    azrael, May 12, 2007
  13. Jared Bassett

    sajimon

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    regedit disabled

    pls send me the correct way to sort out the problem

    sajimon, Jun 25, 2007