    downloaded from Ulead's own online shop. After removing it, the Ulead
    program appears to still be working.

    Was this a false positive or did Ulead actually install something nasty?

    Brian Wescombe, Oct 16, 2005

  2. From: "Brian Wescombe" <>

    | A ran a Spyware scan using MS AntiSpyware beta. It identified a file,
    | registerx.dll, as 'Grokster Software Bundler' spyware. The file was located
    | in the install directory for Ulead CD and DVD Picture Show 4, which I
    | downloaded from Ulead's own online shop. After removing it, the Ulead
    | program appears to still be working.
    |
    | Was this a false positive or did Ulead actually install something nasty?

    Please submit a sample of registerx.dll to Virus Total --
    http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
    The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's scanners.
    That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition, unless told
    otherwise, Virus Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.

    When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, Oct 16, 2005

  3. "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    > From: "Brian Wescombe" <>
    >
    > | A ran a Spyware scan using MS AntiSpyware beta. It identified a file,
    > | registerx.dll, as 'Grokster Software Bundler' spyware. The file was
    > located
    > | in the install directory for Ulead CD and DVD Picture Show 4, which I
    > | downloaded from Ulead's own online shop. After removing it, the Ulead
    > | program appears to still be working.
    > |
    > | Was this a false positive or did Ulead actually install something nasty?
    > |

    > Please submit a sample of registerx.dll to Virus Total --
    > http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
    > The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's
    > scanners.
    > That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition,
    > unless told
    > otherwise, Virus Total will provide the sample to all participating
    > vendors.
    >
    > When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

    Too late, I deleted it already! :-(

    Brian Wescombe, Oct 16, 2005