Registering FLVSplitter.ax

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by species8350, Aug 14, 2009.

  1. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    Hi,

    I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax

    I copied this file to windpws/system32.

    I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
    Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.

    I then clicked on the ax file to register it.

    I got the message:

    "module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
    DLLRegister Server Failed

    Error Code: 0x80070005"

    Help please

    Thanks

    Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?

    species8350, Aug 14, 2009

  2. The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
    One of the most common causes of this erroÑ code is
    the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
    running on the computer.

    You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.

    Keep the fiÑewall on though.

    Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
    are Ñunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158>

    Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -

    How to obtain assistance from MS Support

    To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
    International Support Web site:
    <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

    To make sure you receive the appropriate support
    information for your location, select your region setting from the list and
    then click the aÑÑow button
    --
    I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
    the U.S. or Canada.

    Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
    number for paid suppoÑt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
    or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
    well.

    If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
    problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
    suppoÑt for the issue.

    Good luck
    -=-

    Ǝиçεl
    ◕‿◕
    -=-

    Ǝиçεl, Aug 14, 2009

  3. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Aug 14, 1:07 am, Ǝиçεl <> wrote:
    > The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
    > One of the most common causes of this erroÑ code is
    > the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
    > running on the computer.
    >
    > You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.
    >
    > Keep the fiÑewall on though.
    >
    > Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
    > are Ñunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
    > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158>
    >
    > Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -
    >
    > How to obtain assistance from MS Support
    >
    > To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
    > International Support Web site:
    > <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>
    >
    > To make sure you receive the appropriate support
    > information for your location, select your region setting from the list and
    > then click the aÑÑow button
    > --
    > I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
    > the U.S. or Canada.
    >
    > Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
    > number for paid suppoÑt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
    > or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
    > well.
    >
    > If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
    > problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
    > suppoÑt for the issue.
    >
    > Good luck
    > -=-
    >
    > Ǝиçεl
    >  ◕‿◕
    >  -=-
    >

    > "species8350" wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax

    > > I copied this file to windpws/system32.

    > > I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
    > > Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.

    > > I then clicked on the ax file to register it.

    > > I got the message:

    > > "module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
    > > DLLRegister Server Failed

    > > Error Code: 0x80070005"

    > > Help please

    > > Thanks

    > > Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?- Hidequoted text -

    Hi,

    Thanks for responding.

    Is it possible to run the command prompt before Windows starts? This
    might be a way around the problem. Or to close Windows, run the
    prompt, then restart Windows.

    Thanks again.

    Ps. It occurs to me that it should also be possible to edit the
    registry directly. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct lines, or
    their position

    species8350, Aug 14, 2009
  4. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Aug 14, 10:06 am, species8350 <>
    wrote:
    > On Aug 14, 1:07 am, Ǝиçεl <> wrote:
    >

    > > The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
    > > One of the most common causes of this erroÑ code is
    > > the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
    > > running on the computer.

    > > You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.

    > > Keep the fiÑewall on though.

    > > Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
    > > are Ñunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
    > > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158>

    > > Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -

    > > How to obtain assistance from MS Support

    > > To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
    > > International Support Web site:
    > > <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

    > > To make sure you receive the appropriate support
    > > information for your location, select your region setting from the listand
    > > then click the aÑÑow button
    > > --
    > > I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
    > > the U.S. or Canada.

    > > Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
    > > number for paid suppoÑt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
    > > or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
    > > well.

    > > If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
    > > problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
    > > suppoÑt for the issue.

    > > Good luck
    > > -=-

    > > Ǝиçεl
    > >  ◕‿◕
    > >  -=-

    > > "species8350" wrote:
    > > > Hi,

    > > > I am having difficulty registering FLVSplitter.ax

    > > > I copied this file to windpws/system32.

    > > > I clicked the.ax file, selected Properties, then clicked Change.
    > > > Browsed to System32, selected regsvr32.exe, clicked Open, then OK.

    > > > I then clicked on the ax file to register it.

    > > > I got the message:

    > > > "module c:\windows\system32\FLVSplitter.ax was loaded, but call to
    > > > DLLRegister Server Failed

    > > > Error Code: 0x80070005"

    > > > Help please

    > > > Thanks

    > > > Ps. Should I now try and register the file using cmd.exe instead?- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for responding.
    >
    > Is it possible to run the command prompt before Windows starts? This
    > might be a way around the problem. Or to close Windows, run the
    > prompt, then restart Windows.
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Ps. It occurs to me that it should also be possible to edit the
    > registry directly. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct lines, or
    > their position
    >
    > S- Hide quoted text -

    Problem solved

    species8350, Aug 14, 2009
  5. On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:06:30 -0700 (PDT), species8350 wrote:

    > On Aug 14, 10:06 am, species8350 <>
    > wrote:
    >> On Aug 14, 1:07 am, Ǝиçεl <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> The 0x80070005 is an access denied message -
    >>> One of the most common causes of this erroÑ code is
    >>> the Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software programs
    >>> running on the computer.

    >>> You can try turning them off and then try the updates again.

    >>> Keep the fiÑewall on though.

    >>> Virus scanning recommendations for computers that
    >>> are Ñunning Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
    >>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158>

    >>> Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -

    >>> How to obtain assistance from MS Support

    >>> To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
    >>> International Support Web site:
    >>> <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

    >>> To make sure you receive the appropriate support
    >>> information for your location, select your region setting from the list and
    >>> then click the aÑÑow button
    >>> --
    >>> I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in
    >>> the U.S. or Canada.

    >>> Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the
    >>> number for paid suppoÑt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus
    >>> or security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as
    >>> well.

    >>> If you /clearly/ state that a specific update has caused
    >>> problems and don't ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge
    >>> suppoÑt for the issue.

    >>> Good luck
    >>> -=-

    >>> Ǝиçεl
    >>>  ◕‿◕
    >>>  -=-

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Thanks for responding.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to run the command prompt before Windows starts? This
    >> might be a way around the problem. Or to close Windows, run the
    >> prompt, then restart Windows.
    >>
    >> Thanks again.
    >>
    >> Ps. It occurs to me that it should also be possible to edit the
    >> registry directly. Unfortunately, I don't know the correct lines, or
    >> their position
    >>
    >> S- Hide quoted text -

    > Problem solved

    How, pray tell?

    Think of how you could help someone lurking here who happened to have the
    same problem...

    --
    Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

    Gene E. Bloch, Aug 16, 2009
  6. species8350

    yoyo628

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Excellent FLV Ripper/ Splitter Software

    Great!! Thank you for sharing!
    FLV Ripper is designed to help you rip FLV files, it is the best FLV video ripper to rip FLV from sites. If you are looking for Flash FLV movie ripper or FLV ripping software, please have a try with this tool.
    Visit to know more details....
    FLV Splitter is an excellent FLV cutter software, that can function as FLV video splitter and FLV files splitter. If you are looking for online Flash FLV splitter or free FLV splitter download, please have a try with this tool.
    Visit to know more details....

    You just free download and have a try!

    Hope it helps and Good Luck for you!

    yoyo628, Feb 22, 2010