    keep getting an invalid administrator password message. I have the password
    written down and have tried several times. I read that with Home XP there was
    an issue but it was supposed to have been fixed with SP1. Can anyone help ?

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005

    Try booting to xp cd,at info screen press r,for password,press the enter key.

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005

    Think I did that but just to be sure i'll do it now...thanks i'll let you
    know what happens

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005
  4. http://www.theeldergeek.com/recovery_console.htm
    scroll down to: Recovery Console Password

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308402
    'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You Log On to Recovery
    Console in Windows XP

    TaurArian [MVP], Aug 17, 2005