Outlook Recovering "Shift-Deleted" emails in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this possible? I Googled some suggestions, but I wanted to come here because you people have helped me before and not steered me wrong.

I am wondering if....and hoping that....I can retrieve a couple of emails. I deleted them by mistake and, of course, my boss asked me for those in particular! Not any other ones! The ones I mistakenly deleted! MONDAYS!!!

Anyway...I am curious about where the .pst file is that I'm thinking I need. We have a server here at work that we backup our emails to. Is this where any deleted files would go or do they go to the archive.pst file (on my computer) that I've been reading about when I Googled this?

PLEASE HELP ME!! Please tell me I can get them back!

THANK YOU!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't actually think there is a way to get back files once they have been shift-deleted, as that bypasses storing them in the deleted items folder (unless you still hold a copy on the mail server that you can re-download).

This site seems to think that the following will work, so it may be worth a try - but I wouldn't hold out too much hope :(

http://jsbi.blogspot.com/2007/06/how-to-easily-recover-permanentlyshift.html

Reaction score
Cant you system restore? Orr will that not work?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Cant you system restore? Orr will that not work?
Unfortunately a system restore can't get back e-mails/documents :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question