Recovering data from a private My Documents folder

G

Hello,

I recently added a new HD to my XP Pro system, making it the new master and the old one as a slave so I could grab all my doc's off of it before tossing it, but just after installing the new HD the motherboard shortcircuted or something like that, and I went ahead and built a new computer. But when I put in the old HD to test if I hooked up everything correctly it would hand at the same spot every time, so after many hrs of searching I just gave up on it and put in the new HD and installed a fresh copy of windows, worked fine, but later when I needed some data from my old HD I put it in as a slave and attemted to go into my docs and copy & paste it on to the new HD, only prob is that I made my part of my doc's a private folder, so it will not let me access any of the data in that area, I also tried to place the old HD as a master and the new one as a Slave but it does not get recognized as having a HD installed that way, I suspect that the MBR or something like that was somehow deleted, if anyone could tell me how I might be able to recover any data that was kept in My Documents I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks,
Xgamer

Ask a Question