    find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive.

    Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data.

    Thank you!

    Jimmy, Jan 26, 2010

  2. PST files are hidden. Likely locations are well documented:
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/aboutpst.htm
    --
    Russ Valentine

    Russ Valentine, Jan 26, 2010

  3. "Jimmy" <> wrote in message

    > I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine
    > running Outlook 2007.
    >
    > I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However, I cannot
    > find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive.
    >
    > Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data.

    Why not just rebuild the boot sector instead of replacing the hard drive?
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Jan 27, 2010
  4. Jimmy;3624796 Wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine
    > running Outlook 2007.
    >
    > I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However,
    > cannot
    > find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive.
    >
    > Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data.
    >
    > Thank you!

    If your problem involves software, hardware or service brands, most rep
    will pass the buck. Then you start again. Add to the mix som
    manufacturers charge for support. IT support is the way to keep all o
    your tech in tune through a subscription-based tech support center

    --
    sandypeter111

    sandypeter111, Jan 28, 2010
  5. Jimmy

    sheril

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2011
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Since as you stated the drive files were got damaged that's why being corrupted the Outlook pst file is not able to be located by you. Outlook 2007 pst repair is possible to be done by means of using inbox repair tool that comes with Outlook 2007 application and is introduced to fix the problem associated with Outlook program whether it is pst file corruption or damage issues. But as the tool is provided limited recovery feature so in case if the pst file is harshly corrupted or is got oversized then you will be required using Outlook pst repair software to get the entire pst file data recovered safely.

    sheril, May 16, 2011