    Is there anyway to recover any information from an
    unsaved excel file? Is there a temp file that
    information could be extracted?

    Glenn, Aug 29, 2003

  2. What version of excel? And how did excel close?

    If it's ex2002 and excel crashed, then maybe excel caught it. xl2002 has an
    autorecovery (not autosave) option. The next time you open excel, it looks to
    see if something extremely bad happened (crashes). If it finds that it did,
    then you'll be prompted to save the last version of the recovery file.

    Before xl2002, I think you're out of luck. (and with xl2002, if you just closed
    without saving, it would be bad news, too.)

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Glenn