    I'm using XP. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me
    get going in the right direction.

    Scott

    Scott, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Scott

    plectrum Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:83cc01c37eb5$ae72df10$...
    > I need to know how to record a sound file while using the
    > lowest disk space possible.
    >
    > I'm recording from an external tape player to the hard
    > drive with my external microphone. Trouble is, every
    > minute of sound takes about 5 Mbit of space on the hard
    > drive. I know that music files on CDs aren't nearly that
    > large.
    >
    > I'm using XP. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me
    > get going in the right direction.
    >
    > Scott

    Invest in Goldwave - its not too expensive (http://www.goldwave.com )

    Connect the line out of your K7 player to the loine-in of your sound card.
    Fire up Goldwave and record whatever you want in wave format. Normalise the
    sound, then use Goldwave to convert it into either an mp3 or wma format.
    Delete the wave file(s) you don't need.

    Cheers,
    Jerry

    plectrum, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Scott

    Galley Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:55:27 -0700, "Scott" <> spewed forth
    these words of wisdom:

    >I need to know how to record a sound file while using the
    >lowest disk space possible.
    >
    >I'm recording from an external tape player to the hard
    >drive with my external microphone. Trouble is, every
    >minute of sound takes about 5 Mbit of space on the hard
    >drive. I know that music files on CDs aren't nearly that
    >large.
    >
    >I'm using XP. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me
    >get going in the right direction.
    >
    >Scott

    Actually WAV files require 10MB per minute. A 128Kbps MP3 requires only 1MB.
    You can use Audacity to record from the line-in jack without time limits. Get
    it free at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    --
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley

    Galley, Sep 20, 2003