Recent rant at Virgin Media

Reaction score
This was copied from Facebook recently. I am sick and tired of the lies they are being told to tell customers

After this my speeds increased 3 fold. Someone needs a proper kick in the backside!!
I am still waiting for a reply from the last message

"VM have you seen a worrying pattern here? You have thousands of people complaining about your service every single week. What do you do. Nothing simply try pull the wool over our eyes with the simple "check out the terms and conditions" wearing a bit thin now!!! I am currently on 100mb service only I have several times complained about the costing as have many others I am sure. Recently several times I have also complained about the speeds which are decreasing along with the increasing costs. I am now only receiving the equivalent on 50mb if i'm lucky. I am also looking into taking out a class action lawsuit against yourselves for fraudulent misrepresentation of services.
" Fraudulent/negligent statements
If you entered a contract as a result of a fraudulent or negligent statement you can cancel the contract. You can also claim damages in most cases. These claims are on the basis of negligence or fraud. The person who made the misrepresentation has to disprove the negligence."
I suggest someone contact me.
I don't really care what your T&C's state or what you quote. You ARE miss selling services and something needs to be done. I am sick of my bill increasing and the service being not fit for service. Do not blame me or suggest I use speedtest.net
Do not ignore this post I have nothing to lose really bar a few phone calls

Virgin Media Hello Stephen,

Thanks for getting in touch with our Social Media team.

Are you currently getting around 50Mbps when connecting through WiFi or with an Ethernet cable?

^Dean

Stephen
Ethernet Dean. It has been happening for months. I have made complaints before however the service is decreasing constantly. Over subscriptions? Greediness? I don't care anymore I want something done even if it means contacting head office and spamming Richard himself via twitter. I really have had enough. 36£ from next month for a service that has continually gone up over the past 5 years however decreased continually. Customers complain constantly and you are told to fob them off. Enough is enough

Virgin Media Thanks for the reply, Stephen.

I appreciate this has been a very frustrating experience for you.

Do you have the fault reference number so I can investigate this matter further?

^Dean

Stephen
No reference. I do want to know what the hell has been done to my connection though..http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5747826739

Stephen 100mb huh?

Stephen
Ok speeds are back to normal. SO I was correct in the assumption that I was being throttled and when I was making complaints I was being lied too. The several months I have been putting up with the deceit and still paying full price for the poor service I want a refund for please. In retrospect I believe it approximately 4months certainly no less than 3"

Reaction score
To continue this. my speeds increased to 13 -14MBps which is what they should be. VM were clearly throttling me and were caught. They will try to blag you forever and charge you the same amount of money for the service you are not receiving. A word to the wish. Don't let them get away with it. I am still looking into a legal complaint

Reaction score
To continue this. my speeds increased to 13 -14MBps which is what they should be. VM were clearly throttling me and were caught. They will try to blag you forever and charge you the same amount of money for the service you are not receiving. A word to the wish. Don't let them get away with it. I am still looking into a legal complaint

WISE

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
I don't use Virgin as we don't have them here, but I recently had an odd experience with my ADSL connection. My ISP has ceased to sell ADSL plans in my area because they are pushing very hard to move people to their mobile broadband service. Unfortunately, the coverage in my area is terrible and I'd get lower and more unreliable speeds with their LTE service than ADSL.

Suddenly, my ADSL went down for an hour or two, after which it came back on at half the usual speed. I called and reported it. A couple of days went by without response to my support ticket. I called them again and got a 15-minute sales pitch about how he was "talking man to man" and that my ADSL was a dying service that they might be able to resuscitate but it would never be as good as LTE, blah blah blah... I said my tablet and phone already have their mobile broadband and LTE is unusable in this area, no matter what their coverage maps say. He said I should buy from them a 250 euro LTE modem that might make a difference. I was not swallowing this b.s. and eventually he relented. He typed up a long message to technical support before transferring me over, which made me feel really paranoid. I wondered if he was writing "this customer is not a potential upgrade, revert service back to normal" or something.

The next day a guy came and fixed it. He said there had been "maintenance" that had affected my connection. The whole thing made me really wonder whether the company would resort to underhanded tactics to sell their new product.

Ask a Question