Recent experience of three e-tailers

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I thought I would provide some info about the service from three companies I have bought stuff from recently.

1. Aria - I bought Kaspersky. Ordered it late Monday afternoon and to my surprise I got it the next morning. As they are based in Manchester and I am in Sheffield, I suppose its only a short journey over the Pennines, but still impressive. 5 out of 5 for Aria.

2. I bought a netbook from Dixons just before Christmas. I ordered it on Thursday and I got it the following Tuesday if I remember rightly. Again, I was impressed with the service. 5 out of 5 for Dixons.

3. I have just bought a pen drive from Play.com. I ordered it Monday morning and it came today (Friday). Not quite so impressed with this (I was expecting it Wednesday or Thursday, but as it was free delivery I can't really complain . 4 out of 5 for Play.

Reaction score
I think generally the major suppliers are good... but it's the chance you take.. :)

One note on Play.com - it's an assumption that their free delivery is 1st Class....
It isn't!

I made the same mistake recently! ;)

Useful comments though mate! :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Another note on Play.com is that if your merchandise doesn't turn up and gets lost in the post you have to wait a full 21 days until you can apply for a refund or for them to resend another item..

I know this because I had something go missing in the post from them and could do absolutely nothing until the 21 day deadline had passed, which they say is the required amount of time it takes the postal system to find lost items and claim insurance on them..

You have been warned..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Another note on Play.com is that if your merchandise doesn't turn up and gets lost in the post you have to wait a full 21 days until you can apply for a refund or for them to resend another item..

I know this because I had something go missing in the post from them and could do absolutely nothing until the 21 day deadline had passed, which they say is the required amount of time it takes the postal system to find lost items and claim insurance on them..

You have been warned..

I can confirm this.

It happened with my PC X-Box corded Gamepad, twas over a month before I got my mitts on it..

Reaction score
I think I would be a bit wary of play.com's free delivery option, if I wanted anything very quickly.

I must say though that the pen drive i bought from them is very good - it seems sturdy and quick - and for £16 for 16g its a bargain.

A £ a gig is certainly a big difference to when I bought a 128 meg drive for over £20 some years ago. Or when I bought a 20g portable hard drive for over £60 not so long ago.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I will say I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Play.com and overall I think they're good. I have one of their pen drives as well.

But the free delivery, in my experience, takes anything from two to seven working days and there is that 3 week wait should anything get lost in the post.

Still, you can talk to them on the phone, unlike some, Dabs for instance.

I think my favourite supplier for being quick, helpful and well priced has to be Amazon. Contrary to popular belief though they are not always the cheapest.

Ask a Question