    Are either of these action 'destructive' to messages in INBOX or other
    folders?

    Thank you!!

    Joe Gill, Oct 7, 2008

  2. The best step-by-step procedure I've seen for this is here:
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html
    Scroll down to the section labeled "PROBLEM TWO".

    Note: Be forewarned that this is a laborious and error-prone
    procedure. You would be better off leaving your buggy Windows Mail
    and upgrading to Windows Live Mail:

    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
    The installer will seamlessly and automatically import all of your
    WM accounts, settings, and emails.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen, Oct 7, 2008