    Thanks in anticipation.
    Regards,
    David

    David Jobson, Oct 2, 2009

  2. "David Jobson" <David > wrote in message
    > Prior to a Nokia software update, as instructed, I backed up all of the
    > phone
    > content using the Nokia PC Suite Content Copier application.
    > After the update I then restored the information back to my phone.
    > Evreything transferred except the all important Contact details of names
    > and
    > phone numbers.
    > In spite or repeated efforts and support form Nokia the problem persists.
    > However, I can see the hidden file along with previous back-ups in
    > c:\documents and settings\application data\nokia\content copier.
    > Is it possible to open or copy to a Word or similar application so I can
    > read and then manually re-create the Contacts on my phone?
    > The file size is 4747kb
    > Help please will be greatly appreaciated.
    > Thanks in anticipation.
    > Regards,
    > David

    Minimal effort with google ("how to view nokia backup files") led to this
    page at the top of the search results:

    http://www.killertechtips.com/2008/12/31/read-extract-convert-nbu-file-nokia-contacts/

    ....which mentioned this:

    http://www.nokisoft.com/

    JoeSpareBedroom, Oct 2, 2009

  3. David Jobson

    Bernd Guest

    Bernd, Oct 2, 2009
  4. David Jobson

    David Jobson Guest

    Bernd,
    Many thanks - it worked perfectly.
    I now have an eleven page four column list of contacts transfered from
    Notepad and saved on Word.
    I can now begin to re-enter manually on my phone, unless you know of an
    equally smart way to do that automatically!!?
    Regards,
    David

    David Jobson, Oct 2, 2009
  5. This won't answer the question about re-entering the data, but does your
    cell service provider offer a feature which backs up contacts to THEIR web
    site? For instance, Verizon offers this, and it can be automated. If
    something happens to the phone, the procedure can be reversed, sending all
    the data back to the phone.

    JoeSpareBedroom, Oct 2, 2009
  6. David Jobson

    David Jobson Guest

    Joe,
    I'll let you know.
    David

    David Jobson, Oct 2, 2009
  7. David Jobson

    Bernd Guest

    -------- Original-Nachricht --------

    > Bernd,
    > Many thanks - it worked perfectly.
    > I now have an eleven page four column list of contacts transfered from
    > Notepad and saved on Word.
    > I can now begin to re-enter manually on my phone, unless you know of an
    > equally smart way to do that automatically!!?
    > Regards,
    > David

    Mmmmh ...

    1st idea: import in Outlook, sync with mobile

    2nd idea: create csv file in Nokia format, import with Nokia PC suite,
    but tricky ...
    Look here:
    http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&thread.id=30787

    Bernd

    Bernd, Oct 3, 2009
  8. David Jobson

    petrusek Guest

    Once you have contacts in form of *.vcf files, it should be possible to
    simply drag&drop them to phone using Nokia's Pc Suite (Communication center
    or something like that...).

    Much more comfortable way to get vcf (and more) files from nbu backups than
    using notepad and word is freeware called NbuExplorer.

    petrusek, Nov 24, 2009