Re: XP install has screwed up my vista partition

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Tom Ferguson, Jan 8, 2008.

  1. Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529

    http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 8, 2008

  2. Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    this problem might be more easily repaired from the Vista DVD.

    Check this method to see if it applies to your situation.

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Tom Ferguson

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Honestly, I don't know. I would recover by setting up a new partition,
    starting the Vista DVD from the XP installation and setting up a new copy on
    the new partition. Then, I would install applications and copy user files
    over to the new Vista installation. Next, delete the old Vista partition.
    Lastly, enlarge the XP or Vista partitions as desired.

    Tom Ferguson, Jan 9, 2008