Re: Wipe Home Premium 64 bit - reinstall XP

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Installation' started by DL, Jun 4, 2009.

  1. DL

    DL Guest

    I'd try some other bootable cd on this sys

    DL, Jun 4, 2009

  2. DL

    DL Guest

    PS; If you do get the winxp cd to boot then likely as not you have a sata
    drive, in which case you will either need to install sata controler drivers
    from floppy during the installation (F6 option) or ammend bios settings for
    the corect sata controller

    DL, Jun 4, 2009

  3. Does the CD/DVD drive work at all with any disk in Vista?

    Have you checked the Toshiba site for drive firmware updates?

    Dominic Payer, Jun 4, 2009
  4. DL

    Tae Song Guest

    Tae Song, Jun 4, 2009
  5. DL

    DL Guest

    Thats an inaccessible boot device (HD) did you during the process delete the
    partitions? then create a new one

    Have you asertained whether its a sata drive and as such whether you need to
    modify the bios regarding sata driver controler settings (intel Sata AHCI
    controler) if available

    And when you say "to start downloading" do you mean it started writting
    files to disk

    DL, Jun 4, 2009
  6. DL

    DL Guest

    DL, Jun 4, 2009
  7. DL

    Tae Song Guest

    "slowpokey" <> wrote in message

    > I did try that on a couple different PC's and it boots up like it's
    > suppose to. Now those PC's have XP on them already. But that told me
    > that the CD is working ok.

    Is the computer trying to boot from CD-ROM at all?

    Do you get the message, "press any key to boot from cd..." or does it just
    skip over the CD-ROM and go directly to booting from the hard drive no
    matter what you set it to boot in the BIOS.

    Have tried any other bootable CDs? Memtest86 is a small ISO image you can
    burn to a CD to test this.

    Some BIOS allow you to press a function key to bring up a boot selection
    screen.

    Tae Song, Jun 5, 2009