Re: Windows XP Pro 64bit on a Homebuilt system?

Discussion in 'DIY PC' started by John Doe, Aug 13, 2012.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Dave Hardenbrook <daveh47 mindspring.com> wrote:

    > Is it possible to buy a *legal* copy of Windows XP Pro 64-bit
    > version for installation on a new homebuilt system?

    I would much recommend Windows 7 instead. Windows XP was great
    compared to prior consumer versions, but it has some significant
    technical flaws compared to Windows 7.

    John Doe, Aug 13, 2012

  2. John Doe

    Paul Guest

    John Doe wrote:
    > Dave Hardenbrook <daveh47 mindspring.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Is it possible to buy a *legal* copy of Windows XP Pro 64-bit
    >> version for installation on a new homebuilt system?

    > I would much recommend Windows 7 instead. Windows XP was great
    > compared to prior consumer versions, but it has some significant
    > technical flaws compared to Windows 7.

    And to help that copy of Windows 7 "look" better, there's this
    to add to your new installation.

    http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/features.html

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 14, 2012

  3. On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:19:07 -0400, Paul <> wrote:

    >John Doe wrote:
    >> Dave Hardenbrook <daveh47 mindspring.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it possible to buy a *legal* copy of Windows XP Pro 64-bit
    >>> version for installation on a new homebuilt system?

    >> I would much recommend Windows 7 instead. Windows XP was great
    >> compared to prior consumer versions, but it has some significant
    >> technical flaws compared to Windows 7.

    >And to help that copy of Windows 7 "look" better, there's this
    >to add to your new installation.
    >
    >http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/features.html

    That is very useful. Thanks.
    --