RE: why my lexmark printer wont scan

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Print / Fax / Scan' started by Truetech, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. Truetech

    Truetech Guest

    hi !!

    your lexmark printer is a 4 in 1 deice, can print, scan , copy and fax as
    well . If scan function is not working then i would like to know if you are
    getting any error message or not .
    Also let me know if printign is working fine or not . If working then try
    this for scanning
    start >> all programs >> windows photogallery >> click on file menu >>
    import from scanners and cameras and double clcik on lexmark icon to scan

    Let me know the information i asked you and i assure you i can help you to
    make the printer scan as well

    Take care

    Truetech, Sep 2, 2008

  2. Truetech

    Joanne Guest

    I also have a Lexmark 4 in 1 printer7170 and I followed your instructions and
    it worked for me thank you Would like to know do you have to do these steps
    each time you want to scan?

    Joanne, Oct 15, 2008

  3. Truetech

    Truetech Guest

    Great !! thats good to know that you have managed to make the printer
    working . Now i would like to tell you that everytime you are scanning
    something , you have to follow the same steps .

    However i do believe that for your x7170 , you must have a program saying
    lexmark All in one center , you can also use it for scanning .

    Let me know if you need further help.
    Cheers !!

    Truetech, Oct 15, 2008