  1. Barbara

    Barbara Guest

    A red zigzag means Word thinks there is a spelling error. A green zigzag
    means Word thinks there is a grammatical error. In either case, right-click
    on the word and select an option from the pop-up.
    --
    Barbara Hill

    Barbara, May 22, 2008

  2. Barbara

    grammatim Guest

    In order to never see the red and green squiggles, go to the controls
    for Spell Check (wherever they are in your version) and uncheck the
    "check spelling" and "check grammar" boxes.

    Also you might see very faint dotted lines under familiar names. To
    get rid of those (utterly useless) dotted lines, uncheck the
    "SmartLinks" option that might be under Options View or Options
    General.

    grammatim, May 22, 2008