Re: What happened to the Microsoft Universal Printer Driver Library (UNIDRV.DLL)?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Print / Fax / Scan' started by Alan Morris [MSFT], May 30, 2006.

  1. in the ntprint inf repository

    C:\>dir unidrv*.dll /s
    Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is 5CB9-0364

    Directory of
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ntprint.inf_909750a4\I386

    05/23/2006 09:38 PM 370,176 UNIDRV.DLL
    05/23/2006 09:38 PM 499,712 UNIDRVUI.DLL
    2 File(s) 869,888 bytes

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Zack Whittaker" <> wrote in message
    Hmm... can't answer that, but maybe it's just a lost DLL? Try downloading it
    from here:
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?unidrv

    --
    Zack Whittaker
    » ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk

    --: Original message follows :--
    "Gabriel Lozano-Morán" <> wrote in message
    does anyone have any idea what happened to the Microsoft Universal Printer
    Driver Library? I am trying to install SnagIt v8.0.1 on my Windows Vista
    Beta 2 system but I get the following dialog box:

    But I could not find this file anywhere except off course on the internet
    and propably also on the installation media of previous Windows platforms.
    Has this printer driver library finally been replaced with a managed
    library? Did anybody read anything about that?

    Gabriel Lozano-Morán
    The .NET Aficionado
    http://www.pointerx.net

    Alan Morris [MSFT], May 30, 2006

  2. No clue what Snagit it.

    If the application is installing a printer that is looking for ntprint.inf
    in the needs and includes section of it's inf, first point to ntprint.inf
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ntprint.inf_909750a4\ntprint.inf

    then when it needs unidrv.dll point to

    Alan Morris [MSFT], May 31, 2006

  3. Alan

    That's what I did also but I could not find the UNIDRV.DLL file and also in
    the dialog box the path is not complete but it was looking for the file in
    the ntprint.inf repository.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gabriel_Lozano-Mor=E1n?=, Jun 1, 2006