Re: Was fine, now keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Windows XP MovieMaker' started by John Inzer, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. John Inzer

    John Inzer Guest

    NRJ2000 wrote:
    > I've been using my MovieMaker for a few months now and it's been fine.
    > All of a sudden tonight it started crashing in the middle of a
    > project. As soon as I make one more action in the project, whatever
    > it is, it crashes. HELP!

    =====================================
    Just some thoughts...

    Large / complex projects can cause issues.

    Maybe you are using some source files that
    are not fully compatible with Movie Maker.

    Also try going to Tools / Options / Compatibility
    tab and uncheck all the filters.

    Many formats are reportedly compatible with
    Movie Maker but the most reliable choices are:

    Photos - bmp
    Video - wmv or dv-avi
    Music - wma, wav, wmv

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Jan 9, 2010

  2. John Inzer

    John Inzer Guest

    NRJ2000 wrote:
    > You were right! I had accidentally started using mpeg files instead of
    > using my converted avi's.
    >
    > Thanks!

    =======================
    You're welcome.