Re: Vista loading screen freezes.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Installation' started by Chad Harris, Apr 22, 2009.

  1. Chad Harris

    Chad Harris Guest

    "Frenzic" <> wrote in message

    > When I this morning turned on my laptop and after it had booted I got
    > the "Error recovery for windows" screen (not sure how its named in
    > English). On that Screen it basically stands that windows couldn't start
    > up and you are given two options:
    >
    > 1. Start startup repair tool
    > 2. Start Windows the normal way.
    >
    > I choose number 2. but it only reaches the windows loading screen (pic)
    > and it doesn't move on from that screen.
    >
    > http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcase/winvista_rtm_homebasic_01.jpg
    >
    > Instead I restart the computer and choose option 1. Where I do reach
    > the loading screen and the tool starts up, but it takes a long time
    > (5-10 mins with a black screen first). I choose the language and press
    > the "next" button. Then Error message shows up (See attachment for
    > picture) System Recovery Options: RecEnv.exe - Application Error
    >

    > I haven't got that Vista Recovery DVD but I have made a Vista Repair
    > Disk (got it from here: 'Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download —
    > The NeoSmart Files'
    > (http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/))
    >
    > The laptop is a: Acer Aspire 5720ZG with Vista Home Premium
    >

    > --
    > Frenzic

    Hi Frenzic--

    Don't give up until you try all of these:

    Download Vista Repair Disk
    http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

    How to Use Startup Repair from the Vista DVD or the Repair Disk you make:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/5c59f8c1-b0d1-4f1a-af55-74f3922f3f351033.mspx

    1) First try 3 options from Startup Repair. If you have a Vista DVD then
    restart with it in the drive>press any key to boot from it and run Startup
    Repair. From Startup Repair you have 3 good tools with an excellent chance
    of fixing your system. If you don't have a Vista DVD from which to boot to
    Startup Repair, no problem, Download the .iso from the link below and
    burn it, and you'll have the Microsoft Vista Repair Disk with Startup
    Repair.

    Download Vista Repair Disk
    http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

    How to Use Startup Repair from the Vista DVD or the Repair Disk you make:

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/5c59f8c1-b0d1-4f1a-af55-74f3922f3f351033.mspx

    2) If Startup Repair does not get your Vista back, then use the 3 bootrec
    commands from the command prompt available on the Statup Repair Menu:

    The menu I refer to is in this set of directions with a grey background.

    http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm

    Those are:

    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuild BCD

    3) If my second option doesn't work, then try System restore from the
    Startup Repair list.

[...]

    4) If by rare chance you have an actual Vista DVD, you can put it in, boot
    from it>choose the Upgrade Option>choose your current broken Vista Drive and
    try to do a repair install with the Vista DVD.

    How To Perform a Repair Installation For Vista
    http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

    5) If the above 3 tools don't work, then use the 4 tools available by
    restarting your pc and tapping F8 once per second to get to the Windows
    Advanced Options Menu.

    From this menu click on 3 Safe Mode links to use System Restore. Make sure
    you try all 3 if one doesn't work, because just one of them may work. Tap F8
    to Reach Windows Advanced Options Menu Pictured Below:

    http://media.photobucket.com/image/...ank/techbliss/Vista-Advanced-Boot-Options.jpg

    Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Networking
    Safe Mode with Command: At the prompt you would type the command to use for
    system restore at the safe mode cmd prompt is:

    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

    If these 3 tools don't work, you have one more you can try which is Last
    Known Good Configuration.

    Good luck,

    CH

    Chad Harris, Apr 22, 2009