Re: Vista business recommended?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Performance' started by Gordon, Jul 22, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Josh Reece" <> wrote in message
    > I've been one of the unfortunates who has had a lot of problems with Vista
    > (Home Premium version). Windows 7 won't be out till October, but I need a
    > new computer now. What is the general opinion about Vista Business? Any
    > good, or is it similarly plagued by problems?
    >
    > Thanks for your input.

    Very many people have NOT had any problems with either Vista HP or any other
    version.
    Presumably you upgraded an existing machine to Vista which is why you have
    "problems"?
    Have you sought solutions here?
    If you buy a new computer with Vista pre-installed then you should NOT have
    any problems whatever version you buy.
    Home Premium is not inherently any worse or better than any other version of
    Vista...

    Gordon, Jul 22, 2009

  2. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Josh Reece" <> wrote in message

    > Well, I did buy the computer with Vista pre-installed, and I did have
    > problems.

    Then you either bought an under-spec machine or you have malware or you have
    incompatible hardware.

    Gordon, Jul 22, 2009

  3. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Josh Reece" <> wrote in message

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> Very many people have NOT had any problems with either Vista HP or any
    >> other version.

    > Please see the article at:
    > http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article6707871.ece
    > which contradicts your strong denial (at least as phrased above).

    Err no. The phrase "many users" is capable of many interpretations. If they
    had used the phrase "most users" I can understand your point.
    The argument in that article is spurious.

    >> Presumably you upgraded an existing machine to Vista which is why you
    >> have "problems"?
    >> Have you sought solutions here?

    > No. But I'm seeking them now.
    >
    > Windows Defender says my computer does not have any malware and is
    > operating normally. But, in fact, it is very slow. Please help.

    Windows defender is all RIGHT, but not a complete answer. You also need
    Spybot or Adaware or Spywareblaster, preferably a combination of at least
    two of those...

    Gordon, Jul 23, 2009