Re: Vista 64 Bit - Cannot Boot With 3 Hard Disks

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 4, 2009.

  1. I'd go along with the others and say a PSU issue. i have four SATA hard
    drives in my PC, along with a BluRay optical drive and a couple of USB SATA
    drives, used for weekly backup, and it never fails to boot. On top of that
    I have a Canon scanner that is entirely powered from the USB port, two
    printers, wireless mouse/keyboard, Hauppauge HDPVR, etc etc. Oh and a smart
    card reader. 850w PSU, 8gb RAM, Q9550. On my test PC I have six hard
    drives, again all SATA and a couple of optical drives. That one has 12gb
    and an i7 920 CPU, Corsair 850w PSU. Again, never fails to boot.

    What is the wattage and make of your PSU. You want a decent manufacturer
    and a decent wattage. Skimping on either will only lead to tears before
    bedtime.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 4, 2009

  2. Cari \(MS-MVP\)

    Natéag Guest

    I wish to add that I just bought a Corsair PSU (650 Watts)- just to check
    if the problem
    was with the power supply, the motherboard, and something else.
    The flat cables to connect to the HDs, Cds
    made it very easy to achieve a clean installation. Five HDs,
    2 cd/DVDs. One graphics card.

    I kept the PSU and changed the motherboard. Returned to the manufacturer
    as it had been bought only a few months earlier.

    Natéag, Aug 5, 2009

  3. Cari \(MS-MVP\)

    vanilla Guest

    oh, my ... the fever to build a new rig has begun because of Win 7 coming
    out soon and as I read your tricked out setups, I felt pangs of jealousy ..
    (g) .. you gotta be havin' fun ... vanilla

    vanilla, Aug 5, 2009