Re: VBA to create stock analytics display

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Discussion' started by Don Guillett, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Don Guillett

Don Guillett Guest

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:47:28 PM UTC-5, Mike Thomas wrote:
    > Trying to figure out the VBA coding that creates a macro I can trigger atwill through a Button feature that does the following: Have a single column of stock symbols (beginning at A10) and would like to put the cursor on the first one, then have the current cell copied to another cell that is linked to a stock analytic program which produces various analytical values and displays them in range A1:H1. Would like the cursor which is currently on the active stock symbol in column A to move to the right two columns to column C and then print the analytical values from A1:H1 from column C outward. Once that is done, want the cursor to move back to column A, go down to the next stock symbol and wait for me to trigger the .
    >
    > This way I start with a column of stock symbols that I want to examine and when I hit the Button, the macro works its way down the column and I endup with a bunch of analytical data showing next to the applicable symbols.
    >
    > Am new to VBA with no experience and the more I read at various postings the more confusing it becomes.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Mike

Send a file to dguillett1 @gmail.com with an explanation and before/after examples

Don Guillett, Apr 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements