Re: USB Mass Storage Device

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by Manda Luyong, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Manda Luyong

    Manda Luyong Guest

    If the hard drive is partitioned and formatted, it will show as another
    drive when you open My Computer. If not, you need to partition and format.

    Manda Luyong, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Manda Luyong

    Mike Guest

    The hard drive is partitioned and formated and loaded
    with information. I have looked in explorer to find the
    new drives, but they never show up.

    Mike, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Manda Luyong

    Paul Guest

    Try this:

    Right click on My Computer and choose "Manage".
    In the left-hand frame choose "Disk Management".
    In the right-hand frame you should see all the Volumes on top and the different
    physical disks currently attached to your system below this list.
    Find your new drive in the lower list and find out if it is reporting itself as
    Healthy. If it isn't then you need to initialize/partition/format the drive.
    If the drive is healthy, check to see if it is assigned a drive letter. XP can
    attach a drive but not assign a letter to it and without a drive letter,
    Explorer will not ever see the drive.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 13, 2003