Re: US International keyboard stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by JJ, Jul 15, 2012.

  1. JJ

    JJ Guest

    JPh12 <> wrote:

    > My US International keyboard stopped working. Instead of accented
    > letters such as é I now get "e. Help would be greatly appreciated.

    Open the "Regional and Language Options" control panel and go to the
    "Languages" tab. Press the "Details..." button to open "Text Services
    and Input Languages" dialog. In the "Settings" tab, the "Installed
    services" section lists all installed keyboard layouts. Make sure you
    have "United States-International" layout only and no other.

    If you have multiple keyboard layouts, pressing CTRL+SHIFT will
    switch between the keyboard layouts. This shortcut may be the cause
    of your problem if you accidentally pressed it and you have multiple
    keyboard layouts. This shortcut is (limitedly) configurable via the
    "Key Settings" button.

    JJ, Jul 15, 2012

  2. JJ

    JJ Guest

    JPh12 <> wrote:

    > Thanks for responding. I'm quite familiar with XP keyboard and
    > language settings though. The problem I'm posting is of a
    > different kind -- for one thing, as I mentioned, accentuation
    > still works in a few programs. It looks like some corruption
    > occurred, but I can't trace it. I've looked it up on the web but
    > couldn't find a fix.

    That looks more like software problem. Have you updated that software
    to a newer version recently?

    JJ, Jul 17, 2012