Re: Upgrading hd4850 to fanless card - hd6670 or hd6570?

Discussion in 'ATI Video Cards' started by oachkatzlschwoaf94, Jan 3, 2012.

  1. Am 02.01.2012 00:50, schrieb Andrew Stoker:
    > Hallo,
    > Looking for a bit of advice on some fanless gfx card options:
    >
    > I feel that my fanned hd4850 (~3yrs old) is getting a bit noisy, and
    > would like to move to a fanless solution. I've been looking over
    > options on QuietPC.com and like the look of the 2 cards below.
    >
    > Do both these cards perform significantly better than HD4850?
    > Also, is it worth paying the extra gbp24 for hd6670 over hd6570?
    > Especially since the gbp24 saved can go towards a quieter cpu cooler as
    > well :)
    >
    > FYI, my main games playing atm is Guild Wars, Skyrim, Deus ExHR, L4D1/2,
    > Magicka, Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War II and games of that ilk.
    > Also watching HD anime& films (H264).
    > Need a card that's reasonably future proof for the next few years.
    >
    > Sapphire ATI Fanless HD6670 Ultimate 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI
    > http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/vga-cards/sap-hd6670-ult
    >
    > Sapphire ATI Fanless HD6570 Ultimate 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E HMDI
    > http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/vga-cards/sap-hd657-ult
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andrew

    Hello,

    The HD6670 will perform a little bit better than the HD6570 but these
    two cards are nowadays mainstream (but signficantly better than the old
    hd4850) and not so futureproof as the hd4850 3 years ago was. In future
    it'll be more difficult to find a fanless card with reasonable power.
    Fanless designs can't be high end. Better look for a higher ended card
    (6700 or 6800 series) with a bigger fan.

    all the best

    oachkatzlschwoaf94, Jan 3, 2012

  2. > Thanks for the feedback. Interesting you mention 6700 series, doing a
    > bit of searching, I found a couple of fanless 6700 models:
    >
    > ASUS EAH6770 DC SL/2DI/1GD5
    > and
    > Gigabyte GV-R675SL-1GI (hd6750)
    >
    > Quite tempted by the Asus, although the heatsink on it is pretty monster
    > sized, there's room in my case for it, and the prices I can find are
    > about what I had budgeted
    >
    > Regards

    The bigger the heatsink, the better it is for you :D
    The ASUS 6770 will be the correct one for you. It has slightly (yeah, i
    really mean a little bit) more power than the 6750. ASUS is a very good
    manufacturer and you'll long enjoy working/gaming with this card.

    all the best

    oachkatzlschwoaf94, Jan 13, 2012