Re: Update error Message

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Peter Foldes, Nov 14, 2008.

  1. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    BG_E_NETWORK_DISCONNECTED
    0x80200010
    The network card is inactive or disconnected. All jobs are placed in the
    BG_JOB_STATE_TRANSIENT_ERROR state

    Make sure these services are not disabled (Start, Run, type: Services.msc)

    Background Intelligent Transfer Service(BITS)
    Cryptographic Services
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    System Restore Service

    Check the device manager just to make sure nothing is wrong there.

    Sometimes flushing the Softwaredistribution\download folder and rebooting can help. If you
    wish to try this, then see the following:-

    Stop the Automatic Updates service

    Click Start, Choose Run.
    In the Run box, type services.msc.
    Click OK.
    Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
    Click Stop.
    Stopping the service will take a moment.

    Delete the contents of the Download folder
    Click Start. Choose Run.
    In the Run box, type %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
    Click OK.
    Open the Download folder.
    Delete all contents of the Download folder.
    Close the window.

    Start the Automatic Updates service
    Click Start. Choose Run.
    In the Run box, type services.msc.
    Click OK.
    Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
    Click Start.
    Starting the service will take a moment.

    To get Windows Update to re-offer updates -
    Click Start, select Run and then type in: wuauclt.exe /detectnow

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Nov 14, 2008