Re: The modem is not answering incoming calls

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Fax' started by Mayuri Diwan[MSFT], Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Hi Nikos,

    Can you check the following things:-
    1) Is you modem configured to recieve faxes. You can do this by :-
    a) Fax Service Management Console from Start
    Menu->Programs->Accessories->Communication ->Fax->Fax Service Management.
    b) In the Fax Service Management go to the Devices Tab
    c) The right pane should show you the current modem on you machine.
    Check the Receive column to see if receiving is enabled.
    d) In case, receiving is disabled right-click on the device and check
    the recieve on option.

    2) In case, recieving was already enabled could you let us know about what
    error you are seeing. Also can you give us the even log which are seen in
    this case.
    You can get the event logs by launching the eventviewer.
    StartMenu->Run->eventvwr.

    --
    Mayuri Diwan
    Microsoft Fax Team