Re: STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error} help

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Gerry, Mar 11, 2009.

  1. Gerry

    Gerry Guest

    raiykaz

    Background information on Stop Error code:

    This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode
    subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem
    (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because
    Win XP can't run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few
    situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system
    to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of
    malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system
    administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no
    longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.
    http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

    How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

    Do you have data files you need to recover?

    What is the computer make and model? Is it a laptop or desktop?

    Do you have access to a second computer? What is the computer make and
    model? Is it a laptop or desktop?

    Speculation. The absence of any parameters in the Stop Error report makes me
    wonder whether this might be a memory problem?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~