Re: Stop a admin user changing another admin users password or deleting their account?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Poutnik, Oct 3, 2009.

  1. Poutnik

    Poutnik Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Stop a admin user changing another admin users password or deleting
    > their account?
    >
    > Anyone know if this is possible?.

    I am afraid you cannot be admin without being admin.
    The question should be, if they should stay admins.

    --
    Poutnik
    The best depends on how the best is defined.

    Poutnik, Oct 3, 2009

  2. Poutnik

    atharsagri Guest

    Re: Stop a admin user changing another admin users password or del

    U need to demote others to have only 1 admin user who can control all of them.
    --
    Athar Sagri

    atharsagri, Oct 3, 2009

  3. Poutnik

    Poutnik Guest

    Re: Stop a admin user changing another admin users password or del

    In article <>,
    says...

    > U need to demote others to have only 1 admin user who can control all of them.

    One ring to rule them all
    One ring to find them
    One ring to bring them all
    And to darkness bind them
    :)

    Poutnik, Oct 3, 2009
  4. Poutnik

    Poutnik Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >I am afraid you cannot be admin without being admin.
    > >The question should be, if they should stay admins.

    > I have switched the user to a standard user rather than admin but then
    > i am just getting phone calls from them and i have had to change them
    > back to a admin
    >
    > for example they cant chose what they have in their start menu
    > shortcuts etc. I am a little confued by this i thought each user
    > could set their own but 1 user seems to affect the other for exmaple
    > if i delete games shortcuts form the start> programs files it removes
    > it from all users.

    Start menu items are of 2 kinds:
    1]User's items, independent on other users setting,
    all have full rights above their items.
    2]All Users settings, shown in all start menus,
    read access for all, write access for admins only.

    All and User items can be copied, if needed,
    as far as access rights allows.

    Poutnik, Oct 3, 2009
  5. Poutnik

    Poutnik Guest

    In article <MPG.2531f01a7df9afb998982d@127.0.0.1>,
    says...

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > >I am afraid you cannot be admin without being admin.
    > > >The question should be, if they should stay admins.

    > > I have switched the user to a standard user rather than admin but then
    > > i am just getting phone calls from them and i have had to change them
    > > back to a admin
    > >
    > > for example they cant chose what they have in their start menu
    > > shortcuts etc. I am a little confued by this i thought each user
    > > could set their own but 1 user seems to affect the other for exmaple
    > > if i delete games shortcuts form the start> programs files it removes
    > > it from all users.

    > Start menu items are of 2 kinds:
    > 1]User's items, independent on other users setting,
    > all have full rights above their items.
    > 2]All Users settings, shown in all start menus,
    > read access for all, write access for admins only.
    >
    > All and User items can be copied, if needed,
    > as far as access rights allows.

    Try to find all "Start Menu" and "Desktop folders.
    Items under c:\userd\yourusername are your ( or user's ) items.
    Items anywhere else are items for all users, that are automatically
    added touser items.
    In XP they were under All users folder, in Vista there is lot of
    redirection. E.g. users\all users is redirected to \ProgramData
    \Programdata\Desktop is redirected to \users\public\desktop
    \Programdata\Start menu is redirected to \Programdata\Microsoft\windows
    \start menu

    Poutnik, Oct 6, 2009