Re: Sidebar .dll files?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Noel Paton, Apr 7, 2009.

  1. Noel Paton

    Noel Paton Guest

    said, in <>

    > I've tried over and over again to try and get my Vista Sidebar to reload
    > and I don't know what's going on.
    >
    > I've followed the steps here:
    > http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/656006.htm#post2919536
    >
    > When I type in "regsvr32 -u ATL.DLL" I get "DLLUnregisterserver in
    > atl.dll succeeded."
    >
    > When I type in "regsvr32 -u sbdrop.dll" and any of the other commands I
    > get the following:
    >
    > "the module "sbdrop.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored
    > at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary
    > or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found."
    >
    > Help?!
    >

    > --
    > bahl85
    > bahl85's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87993.htm
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1155974.htm
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    To quote MVP Ronnie Vernon, ttry this...
    <quote>
    Click Start / All Programs / Accessories. Right-click the Command Prompt
    and
    select "Run as administrator".

    Type these commands one by one:

    Press the ENTER Key after each command.

    Regsvr32 atl.dll

    Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sbdrop.dll"

    Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\wlsrvc.dll"

    *Type the commands Exactly as shown, including the Quotes.

    *Reboot the computer after you finish these commands before trying the
    to open the SideBar.

    Let us know the results.
    <unquote>
    HTH

    --
    Noel Paton
    www.crashfixpc.co.uk

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    Noel Paton, Apr 7, 2009

  2. Noel Paton

    Corca Guest

    Hi Neol,

    I tried your fix and it worked for me. Thanks.

    Corca, Jul 3, 2009