Re: Shared disk unreadable

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server' started by JT, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. JT

    JT Guest

    Ken,

    Turning the service off is not enough to make cluster release the disks. You
    also need to disable the "Cluster Disk" driver. This is found in the device
    manager as a hidden non-plug and play device (need to show hidden devices to
    see it). Once you disable this driver and reboot, you'll be able to access
    these disks on the node.

    Regards,
    JT

    JT, Aug 25, 2003

  2. JT

    Ken Krause Guest

    Thanks for the response. Just for clarification, I need to
    disable the driver and reboot the active node in order for
    it to completely release the shared volumes, correct?

    Ken Krause, Aug 25, 2003

  3. JT

    JT Guest

    Correct