Re: settings for "make my pictures smaller" when emailing pics

Discussion in 'Windows XP Photos' started by Yves Alarie, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Yves Alarie

    Yves Alarie Guest

    Click on Start, click on Run and type the following in the opening textbox:
    REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
    and press the Enter key
    Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...

    You can also resize photos before e-mailing them.
    Image Resizing

    A. To decrease the size of the file for e-mail, web publishing etc.

    Go to this site and download the free Image Resizer. Exe file in one of your
    folder.

    Once in your folder, double click on it to install it.

    Once installed, you right click on a photo file (or on a group of selected
    photo files).

    Click on Resize image on the opening menu.

    A window will open, select the size you want.

    New files will be added in your folder, same name as original file name but
    with the word (small) added.

    The first time you use it, you may not see Resize image on the opening menu
    after you right click on the file or if you see it, it may not work. If so,
    do the following:

    Click on Run, click on Start and type the following in the textbox:

    REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

    and press the Enter key.

    Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI.

    Also, you can download a free batch converter from here to resize pictures
    and edit photos:

    http://irfanview.com/

    "Country" <> wrote in message
    > Where can I change the default picture size for resizing pics when

    emailing by right clicking in XP? My work PC won't give me a resize option
    for 500KB files and I can't find where to change it.

    Yves Alarie, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Yves Alarie

    Guest Guest

    Running REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL worked perfectly! I spent 2 hours trying to
    figure it out, then read this forum and solved the problem in less than a
    minute. Thank you so much!

    Guest, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Yves Alarie

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jun 16, 2007
  4. Yves Alarie

    Guest Guest

    Works brilliantly. If you've lost your dialog box with downsizing options
    when emailing, DO THIS!

    Guest, Jun 16, 2007