Windows 8 Re set for new log on pasword

Reaction score
I wish to change my log on password and have tried to locate a link in the control panel but cannot find a way to do this can anyone help:confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Bootneck, just look at the top right of this page; you will see "New Posts" followed by your name, "Inbox" and "Alerts" ... just hover your cursor over your name. A menu list will drop down. At the bottom of the left column, you will see "Password" - click that, and you will be taken to the page where you can re-set your password.

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
DAM and BLAST stupidly this old git got interrupted when setting up the new password and now cannot figure out what it was as I did not have time to write it out in my secret password book (hidden away) so now cannot shut the PC down. So now if I have a power outage I cannot reboot. Any help will be welcome. If there is away of sorting this out please PM me, Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
so, are we on about Windows, or the forums? If Windows, witch (sic) one?

:user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
good good, just as a hint, I always write a password down before typing it onto the system ... and I don't use one to log-on to Windows. :)

actually, I don't write any passwords down these days.

I use THIS site, I 'copy-n-paste' into a notepad file, then copy-n-paste from there when needed.

Yes, I have a print out also.

:user:

Ask a Question