Re: Rotate single page in a PDF document

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Patrick Keenan, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. "lenny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I have a 4 page PDF document but would like to rotate one of the pages
    > only (for the printing process) but can't seem to do this in Acrobat
    > Reader. Is there any other free program that will allow this?

    This really has nothing to do with XP.

    You need to use a program like Acrobat *Writer*, which is not free, or some
    other software that can actually create PDF files. I haven't used it but
    PDF Xchange may do what you need at a much lower price. They do have a
    demo version.

    HTH
    -pk

    Patrick Keenan, Aug 14, 2008

  2. Patrick Keenan

    Bob I Guest

    Lenny left over a year ago. Perhaps you could review how to use the
    features of this software by clicking Help on the menu.

    Bob I, Sep 3, 2009

  3. Patrick Keenan

    olfart Guest

    <undisclosed> wrote in message

    > I need to do the same thing Lenny. I downloaded PDF XCHange, but I
    > still don't see where I can just rotate one page in the file. Can you
    > tell me how?
    >

    > --
    > lynn63

    Foxit Reader will dothat....and it's free
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

    olfart, Sep 3, 2009
  4. Patrick Keenan

    marshur Guest

    Thanks, I downloaded Foxit Reader, but when I try to rotate, it rotates all
    of the pages in the document. Could you tell me how to just rotate one page
    in the doc?

    marshur, Sep 3, 2009
  5. Patrick Keenan

    > I downloaded Foxit Reader, and it still rotates all of the pages in the
    > document. Could you tell me the way to just rotate one page in the doc.
    > I checked help first.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > lynn63

    sorry I screwed up. It doesn't rotate just ONE page

    olfart, Sep 3, 2009
  6. undisclosed wrote:
    > I downloaded Foxit Reader, and it still rotates all of the pages in the
    > document. Could you tell me the way to just rotate one page in the doc.
    > I checked help first.

    You're sort of asking in the wrong place; because Windows does not have
    *any* built-in facilities to view or edit PDF files, and the PDF format
    was created by Adobe, not Microsoft. Microsoft have their own
    alternative document format called XPS, although it isn't very common.

    However, to try and be helpful :) ... what you need is a PDF Editor.
    That is, a program which will let you edit (ie, change and modify) a PDF
    document, as well as view them. Foxit have an app called Foxit PDF
    Editor; which can do the job, but it costs US$99 - a fair bit to pay if
    you only want to change a single page.

    "Bluebeam PDF Revu" is another program which you can use to edit PDF
    files. It costs US$149 to buy - but they do provide a free 30 day
    trial, with all features enabled:

    http://www.bluebeam.com/web07/us/downloads/standard/

    There are a few other PDF editors out there as well, if you can find a
    free trial you may be set. Or if you will be editing PDF files on a
    regular basis, you might decide to just buy a PDF Editor application.

    The grand-daddy of PDF editors is Adobe Acrobat, this can do anything to
    a PDF. However it is a very large, expensive and complex application, if
    you just want to make a minor tweak.

    Hope this helps,

    Andrew
    --
    amclar at optusnet dot com dot au

    Andrew McLaren, Sep 4, 2009
  7. Patrick Keenan

    Jim Guest

    On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:08:08 +0100, undisclosed wrote:

    >I need to do the same thing Lenny. I downloaded PDF XCHange, but I
    >still don't see where I can just rotate one page in the file. Can you
    >tell me how?

    View , rotate .

    Jim, Sep 4, 2009
  8. Patrick Keenan

    David Guest

    If you are handy with a programming environment, take a look at pdftk
    (sorry, I don't have a link). You can seperate your PDF into pages, take
    images, read text, do whatever you want with a page then put it all back
    together again.

    Alternatively, look at itextsharp. (this is for .net developers) However, I
    don't know the full capabilities of this. I just use it to combine multiple
    PDFs into one.

    --
    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.

    David, Sep 4, 2009
  9. I went looking on the net, and found something called
    Nitro PDF Professional that claims to have two rotating
    capabilities:

    - 1 - Temporarily rotate all the pages by rotating the view
    - 2 - Permanently rotate various selections of pages

    I leave it as an exercise for the student to investigate
    further and find out whether this is a good piece of
    software, how much it costs (the word "professional"
    usually implies extra money), how dependable it is,
    and whether it truly does what the original poster wants.

    http://www.nitropdf.com/professional/support/manual/rotate_pdf_pages.htm

    Anthony Buckland, Sep 5, 2009