RE: Resetting Vista Password Expiration Fails

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Security' started by Ǝиçεl, May 7, 2009.

  1. 05 is an access denied message -

    One of the most common causes of this erroÑ code is the Anti-virus and
    Anti-spyware software programs running on the computer.

    You can try turning them off and then try again. Keep the
    fiÑewall on though.

    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158>

    Otherwise you'll need to contact MS for further assistance -

    How to obtain assistance from MS Support

    To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web
    site:
    <https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx>

    To make sure you receive the appropriate support information for your
    location, select your region setting from the list and then click the aÑÑow
    button
    --
    I'd Ñecommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in the U.S. or Canada.

    Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the numbeÑ for paid
    suppoÑt in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus or
    security-patch related issues. This help extends to spyware removal as well.

    If you /cleaÑly/ state that a specific update has caused problems and don't
    ask any other questions, you /should/ receive No Charge suppoÑt for the
    issue.

    Good luck
    -=-

    Ǝиçεl