Re: Reg keys for Floppy NTBACKUP Repair diskette

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Registry Archive' started by Dave Patrick, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Dave Patrick

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Check that the file 'setup.log' exists in the
    %systemroot%\repair
    directory.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "tboneshep" wrote:
    | When trying to run NTBACKUP, Emergency Repair Disk Operation, I get the
    following error on 2 machines (Dell GX-270-W2kPro-SP4), GUI Windows Pop-Up
    says: The operation failed.
    | The disk was not found or inaccessible.
    |
    | These are good floppies, formatted. Tried on both machines. There is
    nothing in the Local GPO disabling "Write" to the floppy, from I have looked
    at. I can write to the floppy with any other type of data on these
    computers. Is there a Reg-Key, or NTFS permission that is set to disable
    writing the Repair information to a floppy? I can backup the System State
    to a local file with no problem.

    Dave Patrick, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Dave Patrick

    Guest Guest

    Well, Dave there is no setup.log in the repair folder. Would there be a paramter in the sysoc?.inf file set during setup that would turn off, or disallow writing the repair/registry data to a floppy? Just an idea, will check it out. Is that setup.log file required, or just a log that indicates what or how setup of the workstation went??

    Thanks

    Guest, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Dave Patrick

    Guest, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Dave Patrick

    Dave Patrick Guest

    No to policy, yes to required. This article may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=175960

    Dave Patrick, Jul 7, 2004
  5. Dave Patrick

    Dave Patrick, Jul 7, 2004
  6. Dave Patrick

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 7, 2004
  7. Dave Patrick

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 7, 2004
  8. Dave Patrick

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.

    --

    "tboneshep" wrote:
    | Thanks Dave, you're the MAN! The article you pointed me to was right on
    the money, I re-created the setup.log file in the repair folder and NTBACKUP
    did right the ERD to diskette, so, thank you, tank u, thank you!

    Dave Patrick, Jul 7, 2004
  9. Dave Patrick

    Dave Patrick, Jul 7, 2004