Re:Re: ! Someone tested overclocking a7v8x-x and amd xp cpu -Overclocking suceeded

Discussion in 'Asus Motherboards' started by Nobody, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Nobody

Nobody Guest

Thanks for your tip about xp2200 1.8GHz possible to overclock sometimes to 2.5GHz
    I have a problem with the prosessor does not react to the multiplier increased above it`s fixed value , meaning multiplier overclocking seems not to be possible.
    Yes the value of the multiplier change according to bios, but sandra says cpu speed is unchanged.
    I have today increased the frequency overclocking to 15% giving the xp 2200 1.8GHz a 2.1 GHz performance without the need to change core voltage.
    System is stable and the cpu temprature is 100% unchanged, meaning that the overclocking has not given any negative side-effects at all.
    Anyway 15% exstra is still not bad, but i would noe be supprised if the cpu could handle a higher multiplier to if it was possible to change the multiplier on the a7v8x-x in reality and not only just showing a change in multiplier.

Thanks for your comment

Nobody, Feb 13, 2004
    1. Advertisements