Re: Printer Prints Areo Shadow

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Print / Fax / Scan' started by Jan Ilacqua [MVP], Dec 19, 2006.

  1. Hi Richard :)

    In Word check the File>Page setup>Paper>Print options tab
    Under Pinting options, see if the Background printing is checked. If so,
    try unchecking it.
    Under Include with document, see if the Background colors and images is
    checked. If so, uncheck it and see if that helps.

    Hope this helps.

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - Windows IE

    Jan Ilacqua [MVP], Dec 19, 2006

  2. Hi Richard :-0

    Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions. You might also contact HP and
    ask them what setting you might need to change in order to prevent that
    shadow. This is the first I have heard of this problem, so that is the only
    other thing I can suggest, other then to update your printer drivers and see
    if that will help.

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - Windows IE
    Windows TechBeta Tester

    Jan Ilacqua [MVP], Dec 20, 2006

  3. Hi Richard :)

    >I contacted HP and they say the HP software and Vista are not
    >communicating.
    > That I should wait for Vista to come out in January. They will release
    > Vista
    > drivers at that time.

    Thank you for posting back and letting us know what your outcome was with
    HP. Although it does not resolve your immediate problem, it is good to know
    that they are seemingly working on a solution.

    There are many vendors that have held off creating new drivers and/or
    software updates until the RTM version, so we will hopefully see a good deal
    of improvement in many of the problem areas we are all now experiencing in
    one way or another at this early stage of the game when Vista goes public
    the end of January. Until then, we must either try to deal with them in
    Vista, or work between XP and Vista, or stay wtih XP until then.

    Jan :)
    MS MVP - Windows IE
    Windows TechBeta Tester

    Jan Ilacqua [MVP], Dec 20, 2006