Re: PC won't install printer driver

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Print / Fax / Scan' started by pcrable, Nov 12, 2009.

  1. pcrable

    pcrable Guest

    "renski" <> wrote in message

    > I have HP deskjet F2180 printer and vaio notebook running vista home
    > premium. I had been using this printer for 2 years with no trouble, but
    > recently I' ve moved stuff in my office and when I tried to connect
    > printer to notebook again, It wouldn't do anything. I plug usb cable to
    > the usb slot which I always used for it, and pc won't do anything...

    It appears the only thing you didn't try was switching USB cables. (I am
    assuming you tried all the USB ports on the laptop). Yes, cables
    occassionally fail. I'd do the following:

    1. Connect the printer to the notebook with another USB cable that you know
    works. If the printer works, the problem is with the cable; if the printer
    still doesn't work, the problem is with the printer or the PC.

    2. Take your printer and an USB cable you know works to a friend's computer.
    Connect the printer to the PC and power up the printer. If the friend's
    computer doesn't recognize the printer either, then you've a malfunctioning
    printer; if it does work, you know there's something wrong with your PC's
    setup.

    Good luck.

    Paul

    pcrable, Nov 12, 2009