Re: Outlook, CRM and Quickbooks is there an answer

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Third-Party Utilities' started by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Apr 20, 2005.

  1. CranqueeYanquee wrote:
    > We started with Act, went to Goldmine and have decided to come back to
    > Outlook knowing the issues that exist when combining OL with Business
    > Contact Manager on a peer to peer running SBS 2003 and Quickbooks
    > 2004.

    Peer to peer? SBS requires a domain.... ?

    > Question, what experiences have people had with Teamscope's
    > OutlookCRM as an alternative to BCM.

    They have an eval on their website - I checked it out for a client and
    although it did a lot of what they wanted, it also did more than they wanted
    and they found the interface clunky. That said, the Teamscope people were
    incredibly nice and did a lot of pre-sales support with the eval version we
    installed to test - I suggest you check it out.

    More options here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contact_management.htm

    > Also what experience do people
    > have with link programs like Outbooks to pull in QB data.

    Sorry, I've never tried that. Search the Intuit support site for more info.
    I usually see this question phrased the other way around (i.e., get OL data
    into QB).

    > Any
    > comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    Note that the people who lurk in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs are a
    very enthusiastic and helpful bunch, and know all sorts of things, so I
    suggest you post in that group.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Apr 20, 2005

  2. Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

    philseeman

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    FYI, not sure what specifically your client didn't like about the interface, but you might want to check out our new OutlookCRM v4.0 as we've done a much deeper integration into Outlook. Instead of having to use the OutlookCRM toolbar, in 4.0 you can now just create and reply to e-mails like usual in Outlook and OutlookCRM will see those and log them if you choose to.

    philseeman, Oct 6, 2005