Re: Offline File tab does not appear. It is missing.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Wesley Vogel, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. Wesley Vogel

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Go here:

    Read the instructions at the top
    Scroll down to 273. Right hand side
    Click on...
    Restore Offline Files Tab - Folder Options

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:,
    tokyojim <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Wesley Vogel

    Guest Guest

    Wesley,
    Thanks for the tip. I went there and found the file and saved it to my
    hard disk and double clicked on it and installed it I guess. But even after
    rebooting, the offline file tab did not appear. Did I do something wrong?
    thanks!

    Guest, Sep 21, 2004

  3. Wesley Vogel

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    I don't know.

    Try this...

    Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK |

    See if you have this key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\
    Value Name: NoConfigCache
    Type: REG_DWORD
    Value Data: 0 (zero)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:,
    tokyojim <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Wesley Vogel

    Guest Guest

    Wesley,
    I don't think I understood your last post. I found the NoConfigCache
    file like you said. But I didn't understand where to type Reg_Dword The
    value data was 0 as you said. I tried to type it in the slot that said Value
    name, but I couldn't change what was written there. SOrry to bother you.

    Guest, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Wesley Vogel

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Sorry. In this instance REG_DWORD *is* the Type.

    If things showed up as...
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache\
    In the right hand pane...
    NoConfigCache REG_DWORD 0x0000000 (0)

    Than the edit you downloaded did merge to your registry.

    As far as the edit not working, I do not have a clue.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:,
    tokyojim <> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Sep 21, 2004
  6. Wesley Vogel

    Alex Guest

    Wesley,

    I am having this same issue with XP Home Edition SP2. I
    followed the steps in this thread and I can confirm the
    registry key was added from the .reg file and the
    attributes are as you described them below. I still do
    not see the Offline File Tab. Can you offer any
    additional insights?

    Thanks.

    Alex

    ,