Re: No Internet access with RRAS enabled

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 RAS Routing' started by Bill Grant, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Bill Grant

    Bill Grant Guest

    How have you configured RRAS? Was it configured as a VPN server using the
    'VPN server" option in the setup wizard?

    If so, check your public interface for packet filters. That option
    configures the server for VPN ONLY, setting filters to block all other
    traffic.

    Bill Grant, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Bill,

    That did the trick. BTW, are there any security issues with allowing all
    traffic through the router?

    Thanks,
    Dean

    Dean Macinskas, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Bill Grant

    Bill Grant Guest

    There is always some risk when you connect anything to the Internet. If
    it is a direct connection to the Internet (ie not behind a firewall), you
    should consider blocking everything you don't really need.

    Bill Grant, Dec 9, 2004