re: New Member

Reaction score
Greetings: I am looking for assistance with Windows XP Pro and unhijacking my COM1 port. I activated fax software in my computer and it has taken over the COM port I used for transfering back and forth between my embroidery machine and computer. I need to return the COM port to its original use, namely the sewing/embroidery machine use. HELP! please.

Reaction score
re: Hijacked COM Port/Embroidery

Greetings! Yes, I use the computer to design embroidery, converting jpegs and bitmaps into stitched works of art. Monograms, etc. Using Pfaff 7570 machine, runnings Windows XP Pro. No service packs.

I activated the fax software last week, and I can no longer transfer between embroidery machine and computer, or back. Its how I make part of my living! It would seem that when I activated the fax software, it took over COM1 and won't give it back to the sewing/embroidery machine connection.

I need to "recapture" that COM1 port for its original use, not the fax software. And I don't know how to go about it. Software has been disabled, but the COM1 port is still thinking it belongs to the fax software.

Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Pack it in Floppy ... I need a new Linux tea-shirt.

What was the FAX Software you used? What do you mean by 'disabled' ... did you try un-installing the FAX software?

user.gif

Reaction score
re: Fax software

Muckshifter: Under Accessories, Communications, Fax(reads Empty) greyed out Empty. I uninstalled the software.

Reaction score
Outdoor Animal said:
Muckshifter: Under Accessories, Communications, Fax(reads Empty) greyed out Empty. I uninstalled the software.

You will need to re-install the software. Would be a good first step :D.

also: Hey and welcome :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Is there any error message? ... try re-installing the embroidery software.

user.gif

Reaction score
re: reclaiming COM ports

Muckshifter: My US Robotics Modem V.92 Voice Host Int is using COM3. I am wondering what would happen if I disabled it? Just thinking here. No actions taken as yet. Other than uninstalling Fax software.

Reaction score
re: reinstalling Pfaff software

Greetings: I already tried that. Error message: No communication. Check all connections and select low transfer rate if you have not already done so.

It was working prior to the fax software installation. There should be an arrow going to the machine, on the embroidery machine screen, when I attempt to send data to the card. No luck.

Ask a Question