Re: lock a drive and folders

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Security' started by Bruce Chambers, Aug 6, 2009.

  1. alikhan wrote:
    > hi
    > i have some private data in my pc
    > and my cosins r visiting us in few days
    > i dont want to show my private data to them
    > can i lock my drive or folders by cmd or some other method?
    > thanks.

    Although these articles refer to WinXP, the same principles apply:

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
    Folders
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q308419

    The simplest method, of course, you be to simply deny your cousins
    access to your computer, entirely.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: