Re: list of 'safe' programs for Protected mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Security' started by PA Bear [MS MVP], Jan 10, 2009.

  1. [Forwarded to Vista Security newsgroup via crosspost]

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Jan 10, 2009

  2. >PA Bear [MS MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > [Forwarded to Vista Security newsgroup via crosspost]
    >
    > Raymond Dunton wrote:
    >> When I get a protected mode dialog box and click the box to allow this
    >> program, does this put the program on a 'safe' list. If later I decide
    >> I don't want the program on that 'safe' list, how do I delete it? I
    >> have been getting protected mode warnings recently for programs that
    >> have never had warnings before and I was wondering if a program
    >> (malware) could have deleted this list.

    An interesting point in this article:
    "If Microsoft determines that an application has a vulnerability and
    presents

    a danger to end users, Microsoft reserves the right to remove that
    application

    at any time from the elevation policy."

    FromTheRafters, Jan 10, 2009

  3. http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/help/95211ecc-19b5-439a-b6c5-e2aefd8013031033.mspx