Re: Linked Table Manager

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access VBA Modules' started by Armen Stein, Apr 29, 2010.

  1. Armen Stein

    Armen Stein Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:12:29 GMT, "mr3316a via AccessMonster.com"
    <u59438@uwe> wrote:

    >I am using the following code to launch the Linked Table Manager in Access
    >2007:
    >
    >DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager
    >
    >My question is:
    >Is there a simple way to tell if the linking was Successful, Failed, or if
    >the user Canceled the process?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Mark

    If you want a more automated approach to relinking tables, you're
    welcome to use our free J Street Access Relinker on our J Street
    Downloads page: http://ow.ly/M56Q

    It handles multiple Access back-end databases, ignores ODBC linked
    tables, and can automatically and silently relink to back-end
    databases in the same folder as the application (handy for work
    databases or single-user scenarios). There's a ReadMe table with
    instructions.

    Per your question, it can also return a flag indicating whether the
    relinking was successful.

    Armen Stein
    Microsoft Access MVP
    www.JStreetTech.com

    Armen Stein, Apr 29, 2010

  2. Armen Stein

    Armen Stein Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:14:25 GMT, "mr3316a via AccessMonster.com"
    <u59438@uwe> wrote:

    >Thanks for the quick reply, and I am going to checkout your relinker.
    >However, I need to put something in place quickly.
    >What would the code look like to set the return flag?

    In our relinker, the flag is already set. It's very quick to
    implement.

    You don't have access to any return flag using the built-in Linked
    Table Manager, that I know of.

    Armen Stein
    Microsoft Access MVP
    www.JStreetTech.com