Re: Left speaker won't work

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Peter Foldes, Sep 30, 2008.

  1. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    > Any ideas?

    No aside from checking the wires which you keep using on all your speakers when you change them and/or reversing the connection and this post does not belong here in this newsgroup

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Sep 30, 2008

    "Docient" <#$$9#@%%%.^^^> wrote in message
    > Can't get my left speaker to work, and the right one isn't real strong or
    > clear.
    >
    > Have tried all the volume and balance settings.
    >
    > Have tried 2 different sound cards. One on board, the other a PCI, which
    > is
    > new.
    >
    > Have tried 3 different sets of speakers. Two sets of which are new.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    It's possible that the jack on the sound card or motherboard is either
    making only partial contact, as in defective, or possibly partially
    unsoldered.

    If it's an individual sound card you need to remove it and check the output
    jack. If it's the motherboard it is usually easier to insert an external
    sound card and turn off the internal sound system at the motherboard's BIOS
    settings.

    GlowingBlueMist, Sep 30, 2008

  3. Peter Foldes

    Peter Foldes Guest

    1st it is a Hardware Problem not an XP as in OS

    2nd you multiposted this to different newsgroups which should not be done

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Oct 1, 2008