Re: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Terminal Server Application' started by Vera Noest [MVP], Sep 25, 2003.

  1. usrlogon.cmd is the standard logon script on a Terminal Server. It
    is created when you run the chkroot.cmd to establish a rootdrive
    for all users. Nothing to worry about there. You can check it in
    %systemroot%\system32\usrlogon.cmd

    STOP error 0x1E (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) is unfortunately a
    very common STOP error.

    Check the information and troubleshooting tips for this STOP error
    on the MSDN Bug Check Code pages at
    url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_763r.asp?frame=true

    If you want a wild guess, I would search the cause amongst:
    1. non-native printer driver
    2. anti-virus program
    3. hardware (especially RAM) failure

    By the way, which FR/SP level is your Citrix running on? I seem to
    remember that MetaFrame 1.8 FR1/SP4 also fixed a lot of STOP error
    problems. Check
    CTX101933 - Fixes included in FR1 / SP4 for Citrix MetaFrame 1.8
    http://knowledgebase.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?externalID=CTX101933

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT